Connect with Fullerton Heritage

City Hall*

Fullerton Police Department
237 W. Commonwealth Avenue

The present Fullerton Police facility was originally dedicated as the City Hall in July, 1942. An exceptionally fine example of the Spanish Colonial Revival Style applied to civic architecture, the building was one of the community's WPA projects. The building also has a WPA mural painted by the well-known muralist Helen Lundeberg. The building's balanced design, enclosing the sunken patio on two sides, is complemented by fine detail work that is particularly apparent in the central corner tower. The Police Department has occupied the building since construction of the new City Hall in 1963.

*National Register Building

photo of what was City Hall - now Fullerton Police Department

another view of the building

another view of building complex

building plaque

Police sign now at the location