142 E. Chapman Avenue
The corner site of this Spanish Colonial Revival building (originally the Christian Science Church) is an important part of the building's dramatic effect. The wings seem to embrace the corner, welcoming visitors. The church is distinguished from other Spanish Colonial Revival buildings by its Churrigueresque relief decoration. Although built in 1920, it was not dedicated until 1929, when a $35,000 debt was finally repaid, in keeping with Christian Science values. The entry was remodeled in the early 1990's to provide handicapped access.