Wilshire School of Continuing Education Center and Auditorium
315 E. Wilshire Avenue
The destruction of Wilshire Junior High School by the 1933 earthquake resulted in the construction of a new Wilshire School by the WPA in 1936. The new school included the existing auditorium facing Lemon Street and classroom buildings facing Wilshire Avenue. Known as the Wilshire Junior High School from the mid-1950s through the early 1980s, it is now owned by the North Orange County Community College District, which restored the buildings to their current condition. With a Moderne style popular at the time of their construction, the Auditorium is the most significant of the buildings, due primarily to its interior detailing.
no photo available